Creating value with values
This is the mission that guides the activity of the Fiorini Packaging group and has characterised its growth and development, based on key values such as:
- Product Quality
- Environmental awareness
- Focus on customers
- Respect for people
- Compliance with organisational and social rules
- Harmony and equilibrium with our social surroundings
- Efficiency and profitability
We fulfil our mission by adopting a fully customer-oriented approach, ensuring our workers’ health and safety, protecting the environment and consumer health, ensuring food safety and product hygiene and pursuing the company’s social responsibility by satisfying all stakeholders. To ensure optimum management of our product quality and our ability to analyse and prevent risks, Fiorini adopts an integrated management system for quality, food safety, the environment and occupational safety, and hygiene in packaging manufacturing in accordance with the ISO 9001, ISO14001, ISO 22000, ISO 45001:2018, FSSC 22000 and BRCGS Packaging Materials.
The company also undertakes, when manufacturing its own products, to maintain total conformity with the applicable regulations in force across various sectors (health and safety, food safety, hygiene, environmental regulations, administrative regulations), as well as with any agreements and specifications drawn up in agreement with customers. With full awareness of the elements that contribute most to the fulfilment of the key values, Fiorini identifies the following as its prime objectives:
- Performing market research to discover and anticipate the needs not yet expressed by our customers, thus ensuring that we are always one step ahead of our competitors
- Performing in-depth studies on the materials and technologies available on the market while at the same time implementing good manufacturing principles applicable to the food packaging sector, eco-sustainable and hi-tech packaging.
- Preparing the required reference standards on the various operating levels and the procedures to follow to guarantee compliance with these, and using technologies that are constantly aligned with the state of the art, with a view to reducing the environmental footprint of the company’s activities, providing workers with suitable technologies for ensuring occupational health and safety, manufacturing in compliance with food safety regulations by ensuring the hygiene and sanitary quality of the end product and creating increasingly eco-friendly packaging types
- Reducing the gravity and frequency of accidents, injuries and/or professional illnesses
- Preparing and maintaining a human resource management model by implementing a management system compliant with the laws in force, meticulous educational and training activities for employees integrated with reliable internal communication on matters regarding health and safety, the environment and food safety.
- Ensuring that the roles, competences and responsibilities of all staff are clearly defined with regard to matters of occupational health and safety, food safety and the environment.
- Preparing and maintaining a flexible organisational model strongly geared to ensuring effective process management by measuring, analysing and continuously improving the services in the various areas (quality, safety, food safety, environment).
- Systematically analysing the risks associated with all the working activities, promoting corrective interventions if and when required;
- Applying a hygiene management system to guarantee the production of products that are safe and compliant with the laws in force.
- Communicating the production hygiene management system effectively within the company.
Management undertakes to disseminate a climate of high quality standards by spreading information and engaging all staff. The company is aware that, in order to achieve the above objectives, the active contribution of all company staff is essential. It therefore continuously informs and raises the awareness of its workforce, by staging targeted training interventions.
Suppliers are selected via a specific recruitment procedure designed to guarantee the quality of our products to the end consumer, favouring suppliers with the following certifications: ISO 9001, ISO14001, ISO 22000, BS OHSAS 18001, FSSC 22000, BRCGS Packaging Materials.
This policy shall be the constant benchmark, used during the periodic reviews to assess the achieved results and identify new ones; it will be subject to review to ensure that it is constantly pertinent to and in line with the organisation and the related legal aspects.
Statement of undertaking regarding the FSC CoC policy document
Product quality, environmental awareness, respect for people and for the organisational/social rules and harmony and
equilibrium with our social surroundings are some of the cornerstones on which the Company is based and which determine the mission that guides the activity of the Fiorini Packaging group in its undertaking to comply with the FSC® Chain of Custody values.
When manufacturing its products, Fiorini Packaging undertakes, in compliance with the FSC® values defined in reference document FSC-POL-01-004, to:
- document, communicate and/or promote its commitment to the environment, occupational health and safety and the company’s social responsibility;
- avoid sourcing the plant-based materials used to manufacture its products from illegally felled forests, genetically modified forests, forests where major wars are ongoing or those certified as HCVFs (High Conservation Value Forests).
The Company also declares that it is neither directly or indirectly involved in the following activities:
- illegal deforestation or illegal trading of wood and other forestry products;
- violating traditions and human rights during forestry operations;
- destruction of forests with a high conservation value;
- mass conversion of forests into plantations or conversion for other, non-forestry uses;
- introduction of genetically modified organisms to forest operations;
- violation of any FSC® value, as defined in the policy statement for the association of FSC® certified organisations.
Coherently with the above statements, Fiorini Packaging has defined the following objectives:
- To be ready to offer the market, in relation to the requests of its own Customers, groups of FSC® products, in other words marked with the FSC® Registered Trademark.
- To exert maximum control when sourcing products, by verifying the Supplier’s compliance with the requisites of Standard FSC-STD-40–004 V3-1
In order to fulfil these goals, Fiorini Packaging has established that it will:
- Adjust its Integrated Quality System to meet the requisites of the reference FSC® standard and therefore obtain and maintain the certification of the Chain of Custody (license code FSC-C155597).
- Consolidate its partnerships with Suppliers of paper raw materials and optimise communication with the same.
- Raise the awareness of its own staff, customers and suppliers with regard to matters related to Sustainable Forest Management.
- Raise awareness of, and maintain within the company, its commitment to comply with the FSC® principles and criteria and to create the Chain of Custody by training its Collaborators.
- Promote and publicise the FSC® policy for the CoC.
- Compliance with the fundamental labor rights requirements as defined by FSC ® and related communication of this policy to all stakeholders (employees, collaborators, control bodies, etc.)
- Compliance with national and international legislation on workers’ rights
All the stakeholders are informed of the group’s commitment to comply with the principles of CoC of the materials through the communications posted on the website, the presentations in its brochures and other means of communication.
HALAL Food Safety Policy Declaration
HALAL Food Safety Policy Declaration
Fiorini Packaging S.p.A. intends to obtain recognition of its products by an accredited body to certify they meet the requirements of the reference standard for HALAL certification.
In order to meet the growing demand from Muslim countries for Halal products, Fiorini Packaging provides food companies with sacks intended for direct contact with food which are produced in accordance with the rules of Islamic doctrine.
The aim of the company is to accommodate all its customers’ needs in relation to Food Contact Materials (FCMs).
Halal certification is today an essential customs requirement for the entry and sale of certain foodstuffs in Islamic countries, but it is increasingly required by importers due to the rising demand on the part of consumers who are more attentive to conscious food consumption. It is therefore a great opportunity to boost penetration in the markets of countries with a significant presence of Islamic communities, both in Europe and in the rest of the world, and to offer a certified quality assurance to Muslim consumers.
Halal-certified packaging enables customers to consume while remaining true to their beliefs along the entire value chain.
The Halal sacks produced by Fiorini Packaging are entirely made of plastic materials, paper, inks and glues and with a production process that excludes the use of animal fats, alcohol and additives which are not permitted by Halal regulations.
The Halal food safety management system implemented by Fiorini Packaging includes raw materials, production, storage, distribution, cleaning, maintenance and packaging.
To this end, Fiorini Packaging undertakes to ensure:
• The absence of non-conforming substances: raw materials, ingredients, additives, preservatives, colourings, processing aids, including all the additives hidden in lubricants and detergents which come into contact with the sack directly or along the lines;
• Non-contamination: “Halal” substances must not come into contact with “Haram” substances and in order to avoid contamination or cross-contamination, Fiorini Packaging has also carefully evaluated the presence of Haram substances in all its products and on all its lines thanks to a thorough risk assessment process.
• Assessment of the production lines: tools, instruments, machinery and production lines used for “Haram” products should not be used for “Halal” products. To this end, Fiorini Packaging has performed a thorough assessment of possible Haram contamination along the lines.
• Identification and Traceability: the identification of finished products and raw materials, as well as the areas and lines dedicated to each one, has been adapted throughout all company premises and along the lines; the traceability of “Halal” production is guaranteed in every phase of production and during the release of the finished product.
• Halal labelling and logo: Fiorini Packaging undertakes to affix the HALAL logo and related product labelling according to customer specifications.
• Quality System: the in-house procedures for “Halal” certification and production are integrated into the food safety and quality system;
• Training: periodically intended for all personnel directly concerned to ensure maximum compliance with HALAL procedures envisaged by the production regulations.
At the customer’s request, Fiorini Packaging can perform porcine DNA detection analyses.
In order to guarantee the maximum safety and respect of Halal requirements, Fiorini Packaging excludes all types of recycled paper or plastic from its HALAL sack production.
Since there are currently no third-party outsourcers capable of complying with the HALAL standard, Fiorini Packaging has also established that its HALAL sacks are manufactured solely in its own production plant.
Our sacks do not merely contain.
They carry, value and protect.
Via Giambattista Fiorini, 25
Senigallia, Ancona, Italy
Angolo via Lippi via Carracci
60019 Senigallia (AN)
60019 Senigallia (AN) – Italy
Via del Bosco, 4
loc. Monterado (AN) – Italy